Saturday, August 15, 2009

never a lender be

i get this call from my brother-in-law--don't see him or talk to him but maybe 2 to 3 times a year ( love him though ) . he asks me if i remember when he lent a miter saw to my husband and could he look for it when he got a chance. i tell him frank is asleep- taking a little nap before his second job. i tell him i'll call him back.

the phone had woken my husband, so i tell him about the conversation--he doesn't recall the item, and asked when he was to suppose to have borrowed it-- i tell him my brother-in-law said it was when we were working on our last house before this one--24 years ago--
my husband rants some and goes back to sleep.

i call brot-in-law back and tell him frank doesn't remember and surely doesn't know where it is now. no problem he says and describes it once more and seriously says -well when ya get a chance would ya see if ya can find it for me--sure thing we'll get right on it--

first of all my brot-in-law has been renovating a house for 20 years or so--and this is the first time he's needed a miter saw --and second how daw gon much could a miter saw cost--gotta love him!

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I don't like to lend things. I'd rather just give them away or not share at all. I did laugh at your story though, sorry.:)

    ReplyDelete