Sunday, April 1, 2012

a is for adam

unfortunately today being the a day--my mind would not let go of the word, or the name adam----adam walsh

i was very hesitant to write about adam, in fear of writing something about someones tragedy on a writing blog exercise, just didn't seem right--

but as i have shared, if and when an idea, image or feeling won't leave me, i must obey


i will never forget adam---taken from a sears store out of the toy department----

found days later--i can't even share how his body was found---but i remember it vividly--

killed by a monster--someones son also--

oh the desperation of the human condition sometimes-----adam walsh--his name is recognized all over the world----i still see your smiling face in your little league uniform----i think you would have been in your late thirties today-

16 comments:

  1. It was a sad story. His father was inspired to do a lot a good as a result I think. Good to have you in the Challenge. I added myself to your followers.


    Lee
    A Few Words
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of that sad story in years. It brings out a different intense feeling in me now as a parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's the being a parent that makes a huge difference isn't it

      Delete
  3. He and I were about the same age...so, so tragic. Nice to meet you through A-Z. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tragic awareness, glad good can come out of it as lee said his father did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad. It's important that he and other like him are not forgotten. You did right to remember him in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm following you now - I really like the way you write.

    I'm sad to admit that I hadn't heard of poor Adam. I agree with Ermie that it is important to remember people like him. I hope it's just me that didn't hear that story and that others are able to remember him well.

    Have a nice day :)

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much nikki---and hope you are having a great day too!

      Delete
  7. It's always very sad when young children are abducted and murdered - such a waste of a young life and something I'm sure parents can never get over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to have you guys read my blog and to be a part of the a-z i am taking part because of my daughter-in-law adrienne proctor-----and thanks ermie for saying i did the right thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn,
    It's so wonderful you brought Adam back into the forefront of many minds and that you remembered him. I think it is amazing John Walsh was able to take his pain and loss and turn it into the helping of others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks susan, it is truly amazing how john has been able to do all he has done and like you said, helped so many others--thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad story, but it is inspiring how one man took a horrible tragedy and turn it around to do good. I still can't imagine going through something like that though.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete