Tuesday, May 6, 2014

let the music play

hope everyone is having a good morning or it may be evening for some of you!

i feel kinda energetic today and optimistic---which that last part is not unusual for me---

i may have unexpectedly become a little more of a morning person---actually i am fairly good until hmmm maybe 3 or 4 in the afternoon--and then not so much good for anything---

just throwing together dinner with robyn's help most times and watching a few of my intellectual tv programs---you know the housewives franchise----remember the judging thing!

wow that's two exclamation points so far---not to worry though---i will not become "punctuationly"(see i told you)correct

as i am writing this i have music playing on an easy listening station---it is influencing me--which is why i rarely have any noise around me as i write-----the instrumental strains are beckoning me to the past and the melancholy business of life---but that's okay---it feels kinda cool to let the music move me like when we dance

and since life is one great big waltz---a twirling of emotions and crescendos --i don't turn it off---no i let it speak to me---like an old friend who's letter i am rereading---

aren't our souls and hearts quite fickle----i had planned to tell you about my dinner last night---another time perhaps----"i'm always chasing rainbows" is playing

20 comments:

  1. My grandchildren are with the music in the ears while studying. I don't understand. They both have over a 4.0, so I don't interfere. (I also don't understand how grades can be more than 4.0. I'm old!)
    Anyway, I thought I would just tune in the PRI station I enjoy in the radio on my computer at work and listen while I do mundane tasks like put checks in envelopes. It was a flop; even mundane tasks require a bit of concentration and listening to programs was distracting. The old dog can't handle this new trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well obviously this old dog can't either joanne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. You really have to embrace those moments when they come. Speaking of music, I should put some on to get me motivated. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that crystal "embrace" them----and again like dancing huh---thanks for the visual :)

      Delete
  4. Music does affect my mood. That's why I almost always play something upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you know susan--monday-friday i always turn on the news--but when frank is here on the weekends--we start with the 70's music channel :)

      Delete
  5. I understand about the punctuation flood. Never have I used so many of them in my entire life. !!! They seem to soften the words. I never ever LOL anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha that is so funny susan---now nothing against anyone that uses that but you know i kinda pride myself on the fact that i have never used that ;)

      Delete
  6. Music is so powerful in that regard. Utterly transporting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is but it does get me off track--which i guess can be a good thing :)

      Delete
  7. Music is very powerfully tied to mood for me. Anytime 'Eye of the Tiger" comes on I feel invincible!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke up and got going at 5 a.m. for 20 years...then I became a full-time writer and I don't know how I got going that early! I'm not much of a music person...but I am watching Melrose Place on Netflix while I write, as weird as that probably sounds! TV is my background music...it keeps me focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is early---just recently for some reason i have been waking at around 6---and getting up! you sound like my daughter, she loves to multitask like watching tv too :)

      Delete
  9. 'Morning has broken', words written by Eleanor Farjeon to the Gaelic tune Bunessan (1888), a beautiful piece of music with or without the words.
    Early morning and the dawn chorus is a sound to behold, one of natures gems.
    I was raised on the radio and still it is one of my best friends.If music be the food of love, play on.
    Thank you Mr Guglielmo Marconi and Mr Reginald A. Fessenden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am not sure if that is the same morning has broken that i know and love--i shall look this one up! thanks :)

      Delete
    2. If it's the Cat Stevens version, then it is the one and the same. Hayley Westenra sings a lovely version.

      Delete
  10. The most recent inspiring music came from Pink and Try! Love it.

    I'm a morning person, so by 3 or 4 I'm right there with you. Give me a chair and a good book so I can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i might know that one--i do enjoy pink! yeah i am with you with the chair but the book would put me out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete