Tuesday, April 7, 2015

fun with Fajitas

fajitas can be fun and easy---especially when you cut the work in half by using frozen chopped peppers and onions and Tysons beef or chicken fajita strips-----some people use their own seasonings but I just use the packaged fajita seasonings mix---be sure to cook the peppers and onions on high to start and then simmering till desired consistency-----

brown your tortillas in a hot pan--they won't take long at all--be sure and flip em--

add some cheesy quesadillas with maybe some diced tomatoes--since the plain ones tend to be a little dry-

I like to have rice too---I usually just go for one of the package ones----there is taco flavored---Mexican and Spanish---I think we like the Spanish one the best---

put out lots of garnishes----taco sauce---salsa---sour cream---refried beans and guacamole--and limes

use your brightest dishes and set the mood with some Spanish guitar music-


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Frank really likes them-that's what he will order if we go out for Mexican -every time

      Delete
  2. What time was dinner - I don't want to be late! LOL

    I perused your previous A to Z post - I am drooling. I grew up with an Austrian mother and cabbage was a staple in our house, as was stew.

    You brought back lots of mealtime memories - thank you!

    I hope you're having fun out here with this year's A to Z Challenge.

    Sent with smiles, Jenny, Pearson Report
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @PearsonReport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I can make you hungry and bring good memories-dinner varies -come anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I'm so happy to see you and read your blog again. I've been absent for a while! Another A to Z member posted about fajitas today. Need to try them here. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan!-I haven't been blogging much lately either- good to hear from you :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm thought I just replied but don't see it Susan -so great to hear from you/thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yum!! I always like fatijas, whether we cook them at home or have them in a restaurant :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete